Saturday, March 12, 2011

The old Pack

Woke up this morning
in another town

Came out of a dream
and I'm not sure
what it was about
but as usual
there was plenty
of horror and violence
terror and dumb panic

Thats not important though
we all have that
and I dont wanna bore you

The important thing was
that once again
I dreamt of the old pack

The special ones
"The Family"
and although I dont see them much
anymore
they still follow me
in my sleep

Once a year
we gathered
for this special danish christmas tradition
and there was plenty
of everything a heart can desire
I mean
the food was good
always more beer
than any living soul could drink
Snaps
snow
marok
music

All this
of course was very nice
but it was not
what was so full of light
It was more like the frame
around the most beautiful painting
I ever saw

It was "The family"
Not like family
in someone fucked somebody
and got some kids, who
by coincidence fucked someone
and had some more
No, these guys
were more than that
they were there
because they wanted to
marked
by a common past
and I think they felt it too

Those days
evenings
and nights
and sometimes early mornings
were full of sense
I tell you
dear friend
there were conversation there
storytelles
laughter
madness
more alive than anything
I ever experienced
And my heart sang
as if it was kissed by angels

Those days are gone
the line is broken
bad things happen
shit happens
It's hard to describe
just how much
It all meant to me

They could tell a story
that would make even
the Gods envy
that they were not invited
Never was the conversation
surficial or hollow
Never was I bored
And although I dont see them much
anymore
they still follow me
in my sleep and
they will always be
more than welcome
there


(by Jesper Lehmkuhl)

No comments:

Post a Comment